Entry #1. Bullet Journaling

Hello again blog! The topic I have chosen for this post will give you a little insight on me, Vanessa, and one of my favorite hobbies. About 4 years ago, when COVID hit, I started bullet journaling. I wanted a way to physically hold onto memories and moments, organize my priorities, and get creative in times of isolation. Bullet journaling allowed me an outlet to express myself, learn about myself, and find other passions of mine. Today, I want to share with you the ways bullet journaling can help you grow personally, mentally, and professionally. 

Personal Growth:

I’m sure everyone has been told to write things down in order to remember them better at least once in their life. Well, bullet journals are the perfect place to keep track of your responsibilities. You can log important conversations, take notes, and jot down ideas to improve your communication and organization skills. Additionally, there are monthly and weekly spreads you can use to follow upcoming dates, appointments, or tasks. Personally, whenever I am faced with a big project, I try to break them down into more manageable tasks on my “brain dump” pages. This process relieves anxiety and gives me more freedom to come up with new ideas.

Personal Growth Image Credits:
 Zebra: How to Create a Mind Map and Brain Dump in Your Bullet Journal

Mental Growth:

Speaking of relieving anxiety, bullet journals give you a non-judgmental space to write down your thoughts and feelings, process them, and finally release them. Reflecting on your experiences through writing can help you gain insights and develop self-awareness. I have also noticed that the actual act of designing and writing in my journal can be a meditative experience. This often promotes mindfulness, helping you stay present in the moment. Additionally, bullet journaling is adaptable to any situation or environment, making it a great tool for students, professionals, entrepreneurs, or anyone looking to stay organized. As I mentioned before, this is an opportunity to express creativity since it requires some customization. In most cases, the process of creating your bullet journal to fit your unique preferences involves adding doodles and color.


Professional Growth:

To help you stay organized in your professional life, bullet journals offer spreads that allow you to break down tasks into smaller chunks, prioritize them, and track your progress. This centralized system for tracking your tasks, appointments, and goals allows you to stay focused and avoid becoming overwhelmed. When trying to identify the areas in which you need to improve, you can reflect on the progress you have been tracking in your bullet journal. And once you have completed the goals you created, celebrate your achievements!

Professional Growth Image Credits:
West Coast Dreaming: 15 Creative Bullet Journal Monthly Spreads for Busy Professionals

Thank you for taking the time with me to chat about a hobby of mine and get to know my thought process a little more! For a blog called 'Vanessa's Perspective,' I figured I should introduce myself. I hope that you have found today's topic interesting after reviewing how beneficial it can be to your personal, mental, and professional growth. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Practice Blog